LUSD Mission Statement
The Mission of the Lammersville Unified School District, as a collaborative partnership of families, community members and staff, is to graduate all students with the knowledge and ability to make good choices, to act responsibly, to eventually enter the workforce in a profession of their choice, and to continue lifelong learning.
To accomplish this, LUSD will celebrate literacy, problem solving, and building a successful future by ensuring that all first graders can read and comprehend at grade level, that all fourth graders can read and write at grade level, that all eighth graders are proficient or proficiency prepared for Algebra, and that all twelfth graders graduate college and career ready.
We believe that:
• Every human being is important and has value.
• The freedom and rights enjoyed in society require that individuals take responsibility for their actions.
• The family is the critical element in an individual's development.
• Reaching one's potential requires great effort.
• Expectations profoundly influence our own performance and the performance of others.
• Every person is responsible for making the community a better place.
• Honesty and integrity are essential to building trusting relationships.
• People learn best in a safe, healthy environment.
• Meaningful accomplishment enhances the motivation essential for continues success.
|02/05/2010||I have a grandson in your school district and am pleased to see that your mission and beliefs statements reflect the values which I believe are essential for an effective learning environment. It helps me to see that you are not just "teaching to the test," that you encourage your teachers to be creative and innovative and to respond to individual child characteristics. Also, I am a strong advocate of teamwork and it is good to see that you see parents, teachers, other staff, and might I even say children, as part of your team to create and maintain a high quality educational environment, where children learn to love learning. Also, thank you for this opportunity to respond. I give kudos to Mrs. Khim, my grandson's teacher.||
Sonya V. Monroe