Student Expectations in a Digital Learning Environment
In a Digital , students are expected to comply with all school rules, policies, and teacher directives when using their Chromebooks. Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Bring Daily - Students are expected to bring their Chromebooks to all classes, unless specifically advised not to do so by their teacher.
- Fully Charged - Students are responsible for fully charging their Chromebooks at home each night.
- Loaner Chromebooks - “Loaner” Chromebooks may be issued to students when their Chromebooks are being repaired at school. A limited number of loaner Chromebooks are available so a loaner cannot be guaranteed. Loaners will not be issued to students who forget to bring their Chromebooks to school.
- Coursework Responsibility - If a student leaves their Chromebook at home or does not fully charge the device, he/she is responsible for completing the coursework as if the Chromebook were present.
- Responsible Use - Students are bound by the Lammersville Unified School District Internet Acceptable Use Policy and all rules of this LUSD Chromebook Handbook Acknowledge and Agreements Form regardless of where they use their Chromebooks and regardless of the source of the Internet connection.
- End of the School Year - Chromebooks will be returned to Lammersville Unified School District at the end of each school year. Students will be issued the same Chromebook the following school year. The Chromebook and accessories must be in good working order when returned. If the Chromebook and accessories are not returned, the parent/guardian will be held responsible for payment in full.
Take Care of Yourself
- I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will select online names that are appropriate, I will consider the information and images that I post online. I will consider what personal information about my life, experiences, experimentation or relationships I post. I will not be obscene.
- I will ensure that the information, images, and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behavior directed at me. I will protect passwords, accounts, and resources.
Take Care of Others
- I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to bully, harass, or stalk other people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites. I will not visit sites that are degrading, pornographic, racist, or inappropriate. I will not abuse my rights of access and I will follow the Board Policies regarding Bullying and Harassment as required.
- I will protect others by reporting abuse and not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications. I will moderate unacceptable materials and conversations, and not visit sites that are degrading, pornographic, racist, or inappropriate.
Take Care of Intellectual Property
- I will request permission to use resources. I will suitably cite any and all use of websites, books, and media. I will acknowledge all primary sources. I will validate information. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
- I will request to use the software and media others produce. I will use free and open source alternatives rather than pirating software. I will purchase, license and register all software. I will purchase my music and media, and refrain from distributing these in a manner that violates their licenses. I will act with integrity.