Lammersville Elementary Online (LEO) Program
- "A pupil whose health would be put at risk by in-person instruction, as determined by their parent/guardian."
- Students with an adult Learning Coach at home committed to being an educational partner.
- Students with a completed/signed Independent Master Agreement for the current school year.
- Parent/guardians have a right to a pupil-parent-educator conference prior to enrollment
- Master agreement must be signed by all parties
- Daily instructional time--"synchronous" and/or "asynchronous"
- TK-K: 180 minutes
- 1st-3rd: 230 minutes
- 4th-8th: 240 minutes
- 9th-12th: 240 minutes
- TK-3 daily "synchronous" instruction
- 4-8 daily "live interaction" and weekly "synchronous" instruction
- Must ensure connectivity of devices
- Aligned content
- Regular meetings to review student progress prior to removal from the independent study program
- Re-engagement strategies for those not attending or progressing
- Must provide an expeditious return to in-person learning upon request--5 instructional days
- Placement at school of residence is not guaranteed--student placement is based on available space
- Maintain records of attendance and work completion
- Data reporting in CALPADS
- Update existing board policies
Tier 1: All students start at this tier. Students remain on this tier if they are making satisfactory educational progress and attending scheduled sessions as assigned.
Engagement Plan: Regularly assigned live sessions, Edgenuity assignments, and scheduled meetings.
Tier 2: Includes students who have not attended 60% or more of live sessions the previous week and/or students who did not complete 60% or more of their assignments.
Engagement/Re-engagement Plan: Attend daily intervention sessions with teacher in addition to regularly scheduled live sessions, Edgenuity assignments, and scheduled meetings. Supervising teacher will notify parents.
Tier 3: Includes students who have been on Tier 2 for two weeks and are not showing progress as determined by the Supervising Teacher OR students who have not attended all daily sessions with Supervising Teacher as assigned/required by Tier 2.
Engagement/Re-engagement Plan: Attend daily intervention sessions with teacher in addition to regularly scheduled live sessions, Edgenuity assignments, and scheduled meetings. Evaluation meeting with LEO administrator. If student does not meet/maintain adequate progress, the school administration will refer student to LUSD Re-engagement Board with a potential return to in person instruction.
Lammersville Elementary Online (LEO)